Graduate Policies & Petitions

The links provided below are the most frequently consulted University and College policies and regulations governing graduate study at KU. 

Any exception to University or College policies requires a petition. If you wish to request an exception to a policy, you must begin by contacting your Graduate Coordinator or Director of Graduate Studies. Petitions must be considered and approved by your academic department and if approved, your department will elevate the request to the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences, and in some cases, then the Office of Graduate Studies. If a request is not approved by your department, it will not move forward for further consideration. 

The following list is not necessarily exhaustive. Please consult the Policy Library and the College section of the current Academic Catalog for further policy information.